What are some Pinterest best practises?
- Make sure your profile is set to public. In “Search Privacy”, you can hide your Pinterest profile from search engines like Google. Make sure your settings indicate “no”.
- Include thePin-It button on your site pages
- Add the Pinterest Icon to your site, so visitors can check out your Pinterest Profile.
- Use keywords in your board descriptions.
- Keep your five most popular and populated boards on top.
- Use keywords in pin descriptions
- Look at what your followers are pinning; these are things they enjoy and are important to them.
- Consistently comment on Pins (adding value, not saying something like ‘cool!”)
- Put discount coupons exclusively on Pinterest
- Search periodically for a particular topic to see what others have pinned.
- Browse the “Popular” pins section to see what is trending.
- Use these sites to get inspiration for your boards:
Engage with your followers. When logged in to your Pinterest account, go to http://pinterest.com/source/yourwebsite.com and replace yourwebsite.com with your website's domain. Then you'll see all of the images people have pinned from it, and you can thank them!