How to see your website' source code
When you are working on your site you may want to have access to its HTML source code for double checking your effort.
Fortunately, it is very easy to have access. However, it is not that simple to understand it as it requires some HTML and web develop knowledge.
Every web browser allows you to do this but the steps are different. Here you have the commands for PC and Mac:
- Safari – Option + Command + U or right click on the webpage and select Show Page Source.
- Firefox – Command + U, right click on the webpage and select Page Source or navigate to Tools, select Web Developer, and click on Page Source.
- Chrome – Option + Command + U, right click and select View Page Source or navigate to View, click on Developer and then View Source.
- Firefox – CTRL + U or go to the Firefox menu, click on Web Developer and then on Page Source.
- Internet Explorer – CTRL + U or right click and select View Source.
- Chrome – CTRL + U or click on the settings icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner, click on Tools and select View Source.
Once you have access to the source code, it's interesting to search for tags or elements. The commands CTRL/Command + F will help you scan the source code for tags and elements.