Adding Your Competitors in marketgoo
Your online competitors are the online businesses that share a similar audience with your website. They may sell the same products, training materials, services/industry or it could be a different business altogether, but provide similar content on their website with that you provide on your website.
It is important for you to identify them, monitor them, and understand what kind of work they're putting into their own site, so you can compare your performance and see what is working for you against your competition.
How to add your website competitors:
- Go to ‘Competition’, on the upper right corner of the page.
- Click on it and you will see 'Add a Competitor'.
- In the search box write down the URL of the competitor you want to track and compare with your results. For example: 'http://www.competitor.com/'. You may also choose to check automatically generated suggestions we will generate.
- Click 'ADD COMPETITOR'.
- Once selected, you will be able to see all your competitors and the corresponding metrics available for each competitor such as backlinks and keyword rankings in comparison to your website.
Watch below to see how it works:
If you are not sure who your competitors are you can:
- Select one from the list of suggested competitors we give you based on common keywords. If we don't have any suggestions for you yet, keep checking back and we'll have something soon. Learn more about how we suggest your competitors.
- Go to any search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) and type one of your keywords. The organic websites you will see in the top positions of the results page are the ones that rank better for that given keyword, and therefore your competitors.
Go to marketgoo to add your competitors.
Know more about the Competition tab.
Suggested task: Optimize your site for search engines.